Kühtai Saddle (German: Kühtaisattel) (el. 2,017 m (6,617 ft)) is a mountain pass in the Austrian Alps of Tyrol. The name "Kühtai" is derived from the Chutay (literally: cow alp), an alpine pasture farm first attested in 1288. A road leading up to Kühtai was first completed in 1628, whereupon the alp farm was converted to a hunting castle/lodge. Holidaymakers first arrived in the eighteen-thirties, and towards the end of the nineteenth century, the hunting castle was converted to a hotel. After the end of the Second World War, Kühtai was developed into a winter sports resort.